Sunday, January 1, 2012

1


First pour of Cab, lovely.  ’08, Alexander Valley.  Bought the URL for the new blog.  And, I can’t say this’ll be the last.  Again, I believe part of my writing “Style,” or motion, is the surety of an entry.  Hard for me to end this first blog, this “wine blog”?  I suppose a bit, somewhat, yes.  But, there’ll be a successor.  And this new one, bottledaux, presents a more unfettered author.  One unafraid, unconcerned with consequences from writing, reflecting.  Of course, wine will find its way to the paragraphs, posts.  But, bottledaux’s intention is immovably, unequivocally, steadfastly Literary.  So, I’m writing, sipping.  This Cab seems a bit bolder than I remember.  Maybe this is the New Year speaking to me, telling me to write louder, scribble with more staunchness.
Today, definitely different.  Delectably so.  Thinking about all the jobs I’ve had.  The only logical Next: Writer.  Job title, waiting.  No, I already hold.
11:40p.  20 minutes away, this New Year.  Tonight’s varietal, Cabernet Sauvignon, of course.  Can’t believe this is the end of mikeslognoblog.  But why is it so hard to believe?  The books ends.  I should be thankful.  I should sip again.  And I am.  Here goes that cliché countdown.  Finally bought that URL, for bottledaux.  Can’t believe it.  So, mikeslognoblog lives.  Just with a different book cover.  Kelly, in NYC.  I’ll be joining her, shortly.  Clocking out.  Watching my own film progress, with no stress.  Only ease.  But, I still think, time’s far too brief.  I will steal more.  Aren’t I, now?  Either way, Therapy with each entry.  Signing off, clocking out, only to clock back in.  Off to see Kelly, feel sane, safe...
12/31/2011, Saturday 

No comments:

Post a Comment